Jodie Hommer Counseling, PLLC is located in Spokane Valley, WA. Jodie provides online telebehavioral health counseling to residents of Washington state.
Jodie Hommer, MA, MHP, CCTP, LMHC, LMFT specializes in Women's Issues:
- College student stress and adjustment
- Food Allergies and Anaphylaxis (for Women and Children)
- Stress and worry related to recent life changes/adjustment issues
- Stress and worry related to managing Autoimmune Disorders
- COVID-19 related anxiety & stressors
Approach to Counseling
Jodie works collaboratively with the client to create goals for counseling that target a reduction of distressing symptoms by primarily using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). CBT is a brief therapy model and focuses on the present and teaches you how to identify unhelpful thoughts and patterns and change their influence on your life. CBT has been proven effective through clinical research and is an evidence-based, highly recommended form of counseling for a variety of presenting concerns. Based on the concerns that are leading you to seek counseling - other therapeutic interventions may be used in addition to CBT. The CBT model can be very empowering because you can graduate from counseling and take the tools you have learned and use them in the future if the need arises.