Pro Bono & Low Cost Counseling Options
We provide pro bono ($0/session) and low cost ($25/session) counseling options to adults managing stress, adjustment issues, and worry. Counseling is provided by a Masters level graduate student in Psychology. Student counselors are not yet licensed and therefore do not accept insurance. Counseling services provided by the student counselor are under the direct clinical supervision of Jodie Hommer, MA, MHP, CCTP, LMHC, LMFT as well as under the educational guidance of staff at Northwestern University.
Meet Hannah - Now Accepting Clients!
Hannah is excited to begin her journey towards becoming a licensed mental health counselor. It has been Hannah’s dream to work with people as a support system as they navigate through the trials and tribulations of life. Hannah was raised in Coeur d’ Alene, Idaho and moved to Spokane in 2015 to obtain her undergraduate degree from Whitworth University in Education and Psychology. She is currently enrolled in the Master of Arts program in Clinical Counseling at Northwestern University which is one of the top 10 colleges in the country. When she is not studying or working, she enjoys spending time with her fiancé and dog exploring Spokane.
- Experience w/children & adults in educational settings & in a Children’s Advocacy Center
- Experience working w/many different populations including immigrants and refugees
- Experience teaching English to others w/English as a second language (ESL)
- Extensive knowledge on child exploitation & history traveling around Spokane & Northern Idaho speaking on this topic
- Extensive training on crimes against children
- Master of Arts Candidate · Clinical Counseling · Northwestern University
- Bachelor of Arts · Education and Psychology · Whitworth University
- Partners with Families & Children · Outreach Coordinator
- Northwestern University · Master of Arts · Clinical Counseling · Graduate Student
- Jodie Hommer Counseling, PLLC · Practicum Student/Intern
- Lidgerwood Elementary School · First Grade student teacher
- Spokane Community College · Assistant Teacher to English Language Learners
- Whitworth University · Teaching Assistant
How to start the counseling process:
- Fill out the "New Client Request Form."
- Your request form will be screened and you will be contacted by Jodie Hommer Counseling, PLLC via email with a link to self-schedule your intake appointment.
- You should arrive 15 minutes prior to your intake appointment to complete intake paperwork. (bring a copy of your ID, insurance card, and a form of payment for your copay).